Due to the fragile nature of the collection and the intimate environment in the galleries, children under the age of 8 are not admitted to the museum, and children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by at least one adult for every four children. All children must be supervised at all times by their accompanying adults.
Checking Personal Items
Areas just inside the entrance are available for the safe storage of overcoats, backpacks, briefcases, large bags, umbrellas, and any other large items. Such items must be left in the designated area due to the fragile nature of the collection and the intimate environment of the displays. Purses must be stowed or carried on the front of the body when visiting the galleries.
- No Touching. Visitors must at all times remain at least two feet away from all artworks and must not touch any paintings, sculptures, books, foyer furniture, or displays.
- No Photographs. Visitors are not permitted to take any photographs inside the Museum at any time for any reason. This includes cell phone cameras and video recording devices of any kind.
- No Food or Beverage. No food or beverages are permitted inside the Museum.
- No Smoking. Smoking is not permitted anywhere inside the Museum or immediately outside the entrance.
- No Firearms. Firearms are not permitted in the Museum.
- No Pets. Pets are not permitted in the Museum, except service dogs for the disabled.