Description of Service
Our Site provides information and materials related to AMWA, our artwork, facilities, our online store, and information about events, ticketing, and reservations, as well as other resources and content (collectively the “Content”). If we add new services, Content or features to our Site in the future, your use thereof is subject to these Terms.
Third-party Services and Content
Modifications and Interruption to the Sites
We reserve the right to modify, discontinue, or temporarily prevent access to all or any portion of our Site at any time, with or without notice to you. We will not be liable if we choose to exercise this right. You acknowledge and accept that we do not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to our Site, or that operation of our Site will be uninterrupted or error free. You understand that usage of our Site may be interfered with or adversely affected by numerous factors or circumstances outside of our control.
As a condition of your right to use our Site, you represent that you are of legal age to enter into a binding contract and that you are not a person barred from visiting the Site and accessing the Content under the laws of the United States or other country. If you are under the age of 18, you may use our Site only with parental supervision.
You may not engage in any of the following with regard to the Site (including without limitation posting or transmitting content through the Site), and you agree not to use the Site to:
- violate or encourage the violation of any local, state, national, or international law or regulation;
- collect or store personal data about other users of our Site or solicit personal information from any individual;
- impersonate any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- send or promote any message that is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, abusive, sexually explicit, threatening, vulgar, obscene, profane, disparaging regarding racial, gender or ethnic background, any statement that you have reason to know is false or misleading, or otherwise objectionable messages, as determined by AMWA in its sole discretion;
- infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity or privacy, or other right of any party, or distribute any content you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships;
- promote or distribute any unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, or material which can be characterized as “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or similar material, any request for or solicitation of money, goods, or services for private gain, or any information posted primarily for advertising, promotional, or other commercial purposes;
- disrupt or interfere with the security or use of the Site or any websites or content linked to them;
- interfere with or damage the Site, including, without limitation, through the use of viruses, Trojan horses, harmful code, denial of service attacks, packet or IP spoofing, forged routing or email address information or similar methods or technology or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of networks connected to our Site;
- attempt to use another user’s account, impersonate another person or entity, misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity, including (without limitation) AMWA or create or use a false identity;
- attempt to obtain unauthorized access to the Site or portions thereof that are restricted from general access;
- use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing the AMWA name, trademarks, exhibition, or product names;
- attempt to reverse engineer or otherwise derive or obtain the code in any form for any software used in the Site;
- engage in any activity that interferes with any third party’s ability to use or enjoy the Site; or
Further, without our written consent, you may not:
- reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, or exploit for any commercial purpose any AMWA Content or any use of or access to the Site;
- use any high volume, automated, or electronic means (including, without limitation, robots, spiders, scripts, or other automated devices) to access the Site or monitor or copy our web pages or the content contained thereon;
- deep link to the Site for any purpose; or frame the Site, place pop-up windows over any content, or otherwise affect the display of the Site.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, AMWA, ITS RELATED ENTITIES, ITS SERVICE PROVIDERS, ITS LICENSORS, AND ITS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY THE “AMWA PARTIES”) EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, RELATED TO OUR SITE.
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF OUR SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. OUR SITE AND ALL CONTENT, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES OFFERED THROUGH THE SITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. THE AMWA PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE TIMELINESS OF DELIVERY OF CONTENT, ANY FAILURES OF DELIVERY, ERRONEOUS DELETION, OR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND YOU CLAIM WAS INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF OUR SITE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, WILL ANY OF THE AMWA PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY PERSON OR ENTITY CLAIMING THROUGH YOU FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY, LIABILITY OR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR ACCESS TO, USE OF, INABILITY TO USE, OR RELIANCE ON OUR SITE OR ANY CONTENT, PRODUCT OR SERVICE PROVIDED TO YOU THROUGH OR IN CONNECTION WITH OUR SITE. THIS IS A COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THAT APPLIES TO ALL LOSSES AND DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT, GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF DATA, GOODWILL, REVENUE OR PROFITS. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY APPLIES WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER BASIS; EVEN IF ANY AMWA PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES; AND WITHOUT REGARD TO THE SUCCESS OR EFFECTIVENESS OF OTHER REMEDIES. IF ANY PART OF THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS FOUND TO BE INVALID, ILLEGAL OR UNENFORCEABLE FOR ANY REASON, THEN THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE AMWA PARTIES UNDER SUCH CIRCUMSTANCES TO YOU OR ANY PERSON OR ENTITY CLAIMING THROUGH YOU FOR LIABILITIES THAT OTHERWISE WOULD HAVE BEEN LIMITED WILL NOT EXCEED ONE HUNDRED U.S. DOLLARS.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR CERTAIN TYPES OF DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
You acknowledge that you may have or may in the future have claims against us which you do not know or suspect to exist in your favor when you agreed to these Terms and which if known, might materially affect your consent to these Terms. You expressly waive all rights you may have under Section 1532 of the California Civil Code, which states:
A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND THE CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN ITS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.
IF THIS CLAUSE IS HELD TO BE UNENFORCEABLE IN WHOLE OR IN PART IN ANY JURISDICTION DUE TO RELEVANT LAWS, THEN IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AMWA PARTIES’ TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID THE AMWA PARTIES DURING THE SIX (6) MONTHS PRIOR TO THE INCIDENT. NOTHING IN THIS CLAUSE SHALL LIMIT OR EXCLUDE ANY LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY RESULTING FROM NEGLIGENCE.
You agree to indemnify and hold the AMWA Parties harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorney’s fees and costs, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Site in a manner not permitted by these Terms, including without limitation your actual or alleged violation of these Terms, or infringement of a third party’s intellectual property or other rights by you or another user of our Site using your computer, mobile device or account.
All communications, feedback, questions, comments, suggestions, proposed features, and the like provided by visitors to our Sites (collectively “Feedback”) will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary with regard to you, but we reserve the right to treat any such Feedback as the confidential information of AMWA. By submitting Feedback to us, you assign to us, free of charge, a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide license to create derivative works, distribute, reproduce, perform, display, and otherwise use, any intellectual property rights or proprietary information and ideas contained within any such Feedback, including without limitation the right to sublicense or assign any of the foregoing. We will be entitled to use any Feedback you submit to us, and any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in any such Feedback, for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to developing and marketing products and services using such Feedback, without restriction and without notifying or compensating you in any way. Please do not send us any information or materials for which you do not wish to grant us such rights, including, without limitation, any confidential information or any original creative materials such as product ideas, written materials, photographs, original artwork, or computer code. You are responsible for the information and other content contained in any Feedback you submit to us, including, without limitation, their truthfulness and accuracy.
Copyright and Trademark Information
All Content, copyrights and other intellectual property rights in the Content available on our Site, including without limitation all artwork and any copies, photographs, representations, or reproductions thereof, all AMWA trademarks, our Site design, the text, graphics, interfaces, and the selection and arrangements thereof, are owned by AMWA, with all rights reserved, or in some cases may be licensed to AMWA by third parties. This Content is protected by the intellectual property rights of AMWA or those owners. All Content which qualifies for protection under Federal Copyright Law under the laws of the United States is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Federal Court System, whether registered or unregistered. All trademarks displayed on the Site are the trademarks of their respective owners, and constitute neither an endorsement nor a recommendation of such parties. In addition, such use of trademarks or links to the websites of third parties is not intended to imply, directly or indirectly, that those third parties endorse or have any affiliation with AMWA.
Notification of Claimed Copyright Infringement
In the event that you find Content posted on the Site which is believed to be an infringement of the copyright ownership or other intellectual property rights of you or any third party, you are requested to immediately contact AMWA’s Copyright Agent as described below. To report any alleged infringement, please contact us in writing by providing a signed statement containing the following information:
- your name, address, telephone number, and email address, and if you are acting on behalf of the owner of the intellectual property, the name of the owner;
- a statement, made under penalty of perjury, that you are the owner of the copyright or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner;
- a detailed description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- if your claim is based on a registered work, the registration number, and the date of issuance of the registration;
- a description of the infringing material and the URL where such material is located on the Site, or a description of where on our Site you found such material;
- your written statement that you believe, in good faith, that the use of the work on our Site has not been authorized by the true owner of the work, its agent, or as a matter of law; and
- a statement that all of the information you have provided is true.
Please send your notice of alleged infringement to:
American Museum of Western Art—The Anschutz Collection
1727 Tremont Place, Denver CO 80202
In accordance with the DMCA, it is the policy of AMWA to terminate use of our Site by repeat infringers in appropriate circumstances.
Other Content Complaints and Removal Requests
If you believe that any Content on our Site violates these Terms or is otherwise inappropriate, please report the Content at the address listed in the ‘Contact Us’ section below, or send an email to email@example.com. If you are a California resident who posted content to our Site when you were under the age of 18 and you are now requesting removal of that content, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, date of the posting, URL of the posting, and a description of the posting, so that we are able to locate and remove it for you in accordance with California law (however, please note that we cannot guarantee complete or comprehensive removal of the content).
Separate versions of our Content or our Site may be available for use on mobile devices or in mobile applications. If you access our Site or Content on mobile devices or through mobile applications, you understand that your mobile carrier’s standard charges will apply.
Any dispute arising out of or relating in any way to your use of our Site or any products, services, or information you receive through our Site, shall be submitted to confidential, binding arbitration in Denver, Colorado, pursuant to the American Arbitration Association’s Commercial Arbitration Rules. The arbitrator’s award shall be final and binding and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction. No arbitration under these Terms may be joined with another arbitration related to the subject matter hereof. Notwithstanding the foregoing arbitration requirement, with regard to any actual or potential violation of our intellectual property rights, we may seek injunctive or other appropriate relief in the courts of Denver, Colorado, and you hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts and waive all objections thereto. We each agree that any dispute resolution proceedings will be conducted only on an individual basis and not in a class, consolidated or representative action. If for any reason a claim proceeds in court rather than in arbitration we each waive any right to a jury trial.
The laws of the state of Colorado and the United States govern these Terms and any claims arising out of or relating to use of the Site, without giving effect to any choice of law rules. We make no representation that our Site is appropriate, legal or available for use outside of the United States. With the exception of any matters subject to arbitration as described above, the state and federal courts located in Denver, Colorado will serve as the venue for any actions brought, or claims made, arising out of your use of our Site.
Compliance with Laws
You assume all knowledge of applicable law and you are responsible for compliance with any such laws. You may not use the Site in any way that violates applicable state, federal, or international laws, regulations or other government requirements.
Changes to These Terms
We reserve the right, at any time, to modify, alter, or update these Terms at any time without prior notice. You are encouraged to check this page regularly for changes to the Terms. Modifications will become effective immediately upon being posted to our Site, without further notice to you. Your continued use of any of our Site after such modifications are posted constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of such modifications, and you may not amend these Terms.
If any provision of these Terms is determined by a court of law to be unlawful, void or unenforceable for any reason, the other provisions (and any partially-enforceable provision) shall not be affected thereby and shall remain valid and enforceable to the maximum possible extent, and the invalid provision will be modified as necessary to make it valid and enforceable while as closely as possible reflecting the original intentions of AMWA. You agree that these Terms and any other agreements referenced herein may be assigned by us, in our sole discretion, to a third party in the event of a merger or acquisition or otherwise. These Terms as supplemented by any “click-through agreements,” shall apply in addition to, and shall not be superseded by, any other written agreement between us in relation to your participation as a contributor to our Site. You agree and understand that these Terms together with any other applicable click-through agreements you may have entered into regarding our Site, constitutes the entire agreement between you and AMWA regarding your use of the Site, and that any other prior agreements between you and AMWA are superseded by these Terms. Any failure by AMWA to exercise its rights under these Terms or to enforce the terms hereof will not constitute a waiver of those rights. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of a Site or relating to these Terms must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please feel free to contact us as follows:
American Museum of Western Art – The Anschutz Collection
1727 Tremont Place, Denver CO 80202
tel: (303) 293-2000